Friday, June 26, 2009

Setting up Call Forwarding

I did not realized until recently that it is possible to setup call forwarding from my Blackberry phone. Here are the steps:
  • Hit the Call (Green Handset) button
  • Click the wheel and select Full Menu
  • Select Options
  • Select Call Forwarding
By default, you will see the phone number that corresponds to the voice mail number. You can customize it to the number you want. Note that your minutes will be used for the forwarded calls.

Besides call forwarding, there are other goodies in the Options | General Options menu as well. Enjoy!

3 comments:

goldring said...

BS"D

Hi,

Do you know how to forward business numbers to your mailbox after hours, while still allow family and friends to get through?

Tyler Louie said...

Thanks for posting this tip. It's step 1 for me in setting up my phone to dial my Google Voice # so I can take advantage of the visual voicemail for my cell phone # as well!

Tony said...

@goldring - Sorry I am not sure what you want can be done directly. Did you manage to find a way?