Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Setting Up Speed Dial Numbers

I have pretty much given up on the Voice Dialing feature of Blackberry. Most of the time it misunderstands what I am trying to say. It performs poorly in noisy condition (e.g. in a car which is when I need it the most. Instead of Voice Dialing, I am now using the Speed Dial feature which is good enough for me. You can assign a phone number to each of the 26 letter keys. To do that, all you need to do is press and hold a letter key in the Home screen or the Phone screen. If the key has not been assigned yet, it will ask if you want to assign a Speed Dial to the key and you can then choose a number from your phone book. Once a key is assigned, you can dial it by pressing and holding the key. By the way, you can access the Voice Mail by pressing & holding the "1" key.

A related tip: When you enter a phone number in the phone book, you can press the Menu (BB) button and select "Add Wait" or "Add Pause". Both options are useful if you need to send extra digits after the phone number (e.g. to send extension, password for voice mail or access code for conference call). With the "Add Wait" option, it will prompt you to hit Return before sending the extra digits. "Add Pause" will send them automatically after approx 2 seconds delay.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't had my blackberry for long and have been having a hard time figuring out just how the whole camera/picture messaging thing works!! I JUST found this awesome new app for my curve that is making all messaging stuff soooo easy!

Just came across it on Yahoo Finance...
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080826/200808260...

-- Posting mobile video and picture updates directly to Facebook and MySpace.
-- Searching and viewing videos and pictures on the Blackberry device.
-- Connecting with friends in real-time, and interacting with new people on JuiceCaster.

and lot of other cool stuff.. :D

I checked out the JuiceCaster dot com website it look pretty legit... i signed up and now just checking out the app!... its crazy how i can send the pictures straight to my MySpace page!

Tim Schoch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.